Sunday, December 21, 2008

Guarding the Tree

It's 2 in the morning, and I am wide awake, guarding the xmas tree from a certain impatient someone. She's sleeping (I checked), but if I don't stay on guard, she will be into the tree and opening presents before first light. So here I sit, at my computer when I should have my own visions of sugar plums, instead of acting like the tree police.

She's so excited, so eager. And she will undoubtedly not get whatever it is she thinks she must have and Christmas will be ruined - ruined, I say! (She is nothing if not a drama queen.) Still, I hope that she enjoys her gifts. Then we get to do it all over again on the 25th, and again on the 27th. We're going to need a bigger car, if my mother-in-law got as nutty this year as last, and I know my mother went berserk. (Such a shame no one loves this child, and won't buy her nice presents...)

I just hope she doesn't get it into her head that she has to play outside. The high is only supposed to be about 5F. At least we'll have a white xmas.

No comments: