Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Middle School Bound

Today I registered my "baby" for 6th grade. Changing classes, lockers, gym class with showers... hell on earth for teenaged girls, usually. Diana, perhaps not so much. She won't have the same peer-pressured urges, won't feel the same need for me to buy her $200 sneakers, and hopefully will be oblivious to the meanness inherent in junior high kids. 

I have a great deal of confusion about the supply list I was given. I'll break the bank if we actually have to buy ALL that stuff listed for each teacher. I emailed her teacher, begging for clarification.

We still have to get a physical and a dental visit in, hopefully before school starts, but I'm not going to sweat it too much. I was told we have until October. An eye exam is also required, but I don't think she's testable. I'll have to talk to her doc about that...

No comments: