Monday, July 21, 2008

(Nearly) Ready for Take-Off

The bags are packed, the carry-ons inspected for prohibited items (had to move the spare lithium batteries to the checked bag), and now comes the fun part: waiting.

Diana is being allowed to take a few of her "friends" in a carry-on of her own: 2 Groovy Girls, 2 PBS friends (puppy Clifford and Daffodil), Dora the Explorer, and 1 Sailor Moon doll - and Fuzzy, of course, her no-longer-fuzzy baby blanket. At the airport, I'll be giving her a present to help with the wait of 4 more Groovy Girls. I also have Gameboy loaded with Tetris Worlds, tiny markers and paper pads, should she be so inclined. I hope this will keep her occupied. *crossing fingers*

I really (really!) hope that we all survive the trip, and that we don't have to come home via rental car because she refuses to get back on a plane. I don't think that will happen, because she is such a good traveller in the car, but she can be unpredictable. 

No comments: